Silky, sleek and marled to perfection, this clutch will become your favorite accessory. Stunning with heels and a pair of jeans, or just right with your favorite white sundress, this easy-to-make crochet clutch will be so fab, you’ll want to use this crochet clutch pattern to make one in every color.
This simple crochet clutch came to me one day when I was playing with leftover embroidery thread. What would happen if I crocheted these beautiful variegated l blues all at the same time? I think the result is stunning. Also, I adore the marled fabric and the classic style of the white slip stitch finish. The pearl cotton gives the clutch an elegant silky sheen that makes it at home with the dressiest of outfits, and the range of blues means its perfect for your favorite pair of jeans.
At 7.5″ x 4″ the clutch is sized to fit small necessities for a night out, including your favorite lipstick shade, keys, a credit card, and of course, your phone! Also, the cotton thread that makes up the clutch fabric makes it easy to hold on to when you tuck it under your arm.
The best part is that this clutch couldn’t be easier to make! It’s a simple rectangle made up of single crochets, yet the piece looks so elegant. You can buy the crochet clutch pattern HERE or read the pattern for free here on Martha Stewart.
Crochet Clutch Pattern Details
Skill level: Beginner
Techniques: Single Crochet and Slip Stitch
- 360 yards (329m) of Size 8 pearl cotton embroidery thread in each of three colors (120 yards each)
- 135 yards (110m) of size 10 bamboo crochet thread in ecru
Tools: Size 0 (2.25mm) steel crochet hook
Size: 7.5” (19 m) x 4” (10 m)
- 2 balls Size 8 Valdani Pearl Cotton Embroidery Thread in JP12 Seaside (Muddy Monet Collection), 73 yds (67m), 0.35 oz (10g), 100% pearl cotton
- 2 balls Size 8 Valdani Pearl Cotton Embroidery Thread in O578 Primitive Blue, 73 yds (67m), 0.35 oz (10g), 100% pearl cotton
- 2 balls size 8 Valdani Pearl Cotton Embroidery Thread in JP11 Heavenly Hue (Muddy Monet Collection), 73 yds (67m), 0.35 oz (10g), 100% pearl cotton
- 1 ball size 10 Aunt Lydia’s Bamboo Crochet Thread in Ecru, 300 yds (274.3m), 2 oz, (57g), 100% Rayon from Bamboo
- Combine and hold 4 strands together for this project, one of each color.
Though you can buy these embroidery thread colors in sets, you can also find them individually on Etsy.
Ch= chain, Sc= single crochet, St(s)= stitch(es)
Enjoy your nights on the town with this beauty. This clutch would make a great bridesmaids gift or mother’s day gift as well.