Oh my! Is this little crochet bunny blanket the cutest thing!? I am in love! I am so excited to be sharing this pattern with you. This week, I am actually in Los Angeles on vacation with my boys for spring break. When I’m on a trip, I like nothing more than to make something from someone else’s pattern. It brings me back to feeling like making is all for fun, not for work (even though I love my work!). This brings me a great sense of happiness and freedom.
This sweet little crochet bunny blanket is from this lion brand yarn pattern. I couldn’t wait to share it with you. I made some slight adjustments that I outline below.
Here are the alterations I made to the pattern.
1) I used Lion Brand Angora Merino in Vanilla. I love the fuzziness the angora adds to the blanket.
2) I crocheted with two strands of the yarn at the same time.
3) I did not felt the end product as described in the pattern.
4)I used a 5.0mm hook.
5) I added about 4 rows to the increasing part and 4 rows to the decreasing part to make the blanket part square. My bunny turned out 13″ wide and 16″ long.
6) Lastly, I gave the bunny a pink nose and cute little sleepy eyelashes.
I actually made this as a companion gift to my brand new baby cousin. It’s a secret but her older sister is actually receiving one of my Giant Arm Knit Bunnies! Well, I had to have something for the littlest one! This need sent me on a wild search for this nugget. And, I ‘m so glad it did.
I love the thought of my new little cousin cuddling up with this sweet sleepy thing.
Well, I have to admit, the one danger of tackling a new pattern is that leaves me thinking of of a million new things to do. Wouldn’t you want a puppy or an elephant or a little lamby? . . . sigh. Loving to make and being creative sure is fun, but I must admit it gives you a long to-do list!
Lots of love and sweet dreams! Give this little crochet bunny blanket a whirl!